While Girlguiding meetings across the country cease during social distancing measures, Girlguiding activities continue within the homes of many members across Durham South.
Many of our Young Members have been completing activities at home, working virtually with other girls or working on their own on interest badges. Here are some of the things they have been getting up to!
Activities to complete at home can be found in young members’ badge books or additional activities can be found on the Girlguiding ‘Adventures at Home’ page.
The 1st Fishburn Brownies have been set weekly challenges while they cannot meet in person. One week the challenge was to create an acrostic poem – here is some of their work.
Neve, a Brownie with the 3rd Spennymoor Brownies, has attained her Brownie Gold Award whilst guiding at home. Her Leaders, Linda and Lisa are immensely proud of her.
Neve would like to share memories of her Brownie journey :
- Top left – Brownies in Wonderland brownie holiday.
- Top centre – Hands on at Spennymoor Fire Station.
- Top right – admiring the view of the Houses of Parliament – London trip.
- Centre left – Fathers’ Day craft.
- Centre – Tropical party
- Centre right – Pax Lodge, WAGGGS World Centre
- Bottom left – at home with Brownie Belle
- Bottom centre left – fingerprinted at Spennymoor Police Station.
- Bottom centre right – pedicure night.
- Bottom right – Summer fun.