Durham Camp House is owned by Girlguiding Durham North and Durham South and is run by a joint management committee from both Counties.
Camp House is situated in the Whitworth Park Estate, Spennymoor, surrounded by beautiful countryside. Within it’s grounds, you’ll find a large woodland area full of wildlife including squirrels, rabbits, foxes and the occasional deer. The woodland becomes blanketed with snowdrops in Spring and bluebells in Summer for a picturesque view for all visitors.
Available to book all year round for residential events and day events, with a capacity of 30 people, Camp House is a popular venue.
The sleeping facilities include a dormitory with bunks, sleeping 24 people; three leaders’ rooms, with a bunk in each; one first aid room with a 3/4 bed.
Bathroom facilities include 4 toilets and 9 wash basins; a disabled / leaders’ shower room and toilet; 3 large shower cubicles.
The craft room, containing a sink, and upstairs lounge area with additional space for tables and chairs are ideal for activities.
Camp House also has a well equipped kitchen and dining room with 2 electric cookers, microwave and a fridge, with all crockery and cutlery available for use.
Leaders also have an area to sit back and relax in the leaders’ lounge which also has a small kitchen area.
Outside, there is a camp fire circle, play ground equipment, grassed area, woodlands and field along with ample parking for leaders.
Things to do nearby:
- 5 minute walk to Whitworth Hall Hotel – feed the deer and enjoy play park.
- Whitworth Church which is of local interest re the ‘Shafto’ family.
- Spennymoor has it’s own Leisure pool – with wave machine
- Jubilee Park has crazy golf and children’s play park
- Durham Climbing Centre at Meadowfield for a fun climbing experience and grab a bit too eat at their ‘Hard Rock Café’ – parties catered for. www.durhamclimbingcentre.co.uk
- ‘Climb North East’ at Ferryhill has bouldering walls and rope climbing www.climbnortheast.co.uk
- Beamish Open Air Museum
- Locomotion Railway Museum at Shildon
- Durham with its Castle and beautiful Norman Cathedral (UNESCO site), river side walks, river cruise, museums , gardens & shops.
For booking information please contact us as email@example.com