We are looking to someone to be our main point of contact for students
moving into the county who wish to continue to volunteer with us.
Every year, as students arrive at Durham university and wish to continue volunteering
with Girlguidjng, this role will be their main contact to liaise with them
about how they want to volunteer and place them into suitable units.
The student placement coordinator will:
- Work with the university and student groups to link students with units
- Be the main point of contact for students wanting to volunteer
- Lead on responding to enquiries from students on GO
- Meet with students to understand how they want to volunteer
- Co-ordinate the volunteer checks for student, by taking references and completing an ID check for DBSs if required.
- Work to the Durham Division Commissioner
This role is perfect for you if:
- You love work with young adults
- You have a passion for supporting volunteers to find units
- You are willing to meet potential volunteers
- Want to grow the universities knowledge of guiding in Durham
If you would like to be considered for the role, please fill out your details and why you are interested in the role, highlighting any previous experience and relevant skills you have.